The final two regional support group leaders’ meetings of 2020 took place last week. The North UK regional meeting took place on Wednesday 9th December and the South UK regional meeting on Thursday 10th December.
The UK wide and regional meetings were set up by the APF support team at the start of the first lockdown to help group leaders remain connected and up to date with current information, advice and activities to disseminate to their individual support group members.
Current topics discussed at last week’s meetings included:
- Covid-19 vaccination roll out and frequently asked questions
- Patient information leaflet and TV screen advert to increase awareness of pulmonary fibrosis and local support groups
- Update on the National Carers Support Group progress
- Online support group meetings and future plans
- Updates on Christmas activities planned by support groups
The APF team would like to thank all the support group leads for their hard work and effort in keeping in touch with their members and other group leads throughout an extremely challenging year. Attendance at these meetings has been fantastic and the groups have consistently put forward positive and inspiring ideas and ways of coping throughout the pandemic, to encourage and support each other.
Well done everyone and we look forward to seeing you again in 2021 !