Are you interested in using your lived experience and voice to help us shape the future pulmonary fibrosis research?
The REMOTE-ILD study is investigating the impact of using a mobile app for home monitoring on patient care.
The study aims to understand whether monitoring lung function at home is helpful for patients and clinicians in managing pulmonary fibrosis.
This study is now closed to recruitment. Take a look at our Study Finder to find other research studies that you may be able to take part in.
What is the study?
In this study, the impact of regularly performing breathing tests at home in addition to usual (routine) care, is being compared to patients receiving their usual care alone. Participants will be randomly allocated to one of two groups, one monitoring their lung function at home in addition to their routine care, or and one to simply continue with their routine care.
Can I take part?
You may be able to take part if you have a diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis, and have access to a mobile device or tablet, an email address and internet access.
In all studies, there are lots of different reasons why you may or may not be able to take part. These are known as inclusion and exclusion criteria. Only the study team will be able to fully determine whether you are able to take part.
What is involved?
• Participants who are enrolled on this study will be randomly allocated to either continue with their routine care, or to monitor their breathing at home in addition to their routine care.
• Participants who will be monitoring their breathing at home will be asked to perform home spirometry and pulse oximetry twice a week for 52 weeks. They will use a mobile app to record their results which will be automatically available for their hospital healthcare team to view.
• All participants will complete questionnaires.
• Participants will not need to visit the clinic more often than usual to take part.
Where in the UK is this study taking place?
This study is currently recruiting participants at:
- Leeds (recruitment due to open soon)
Patients who do not live locally may also be able to take part.
If you are interested in taking part or would like more information about this study, you can email:
You must discuss all aspects of your participation or interest in participating in a clinical trial with your medical team.
This post provides information about an opportunity to participate in research. More detailed information about the study can be found by following the link provided. If you have any questions about the research study, please speak to your medical team and contact the researchers directly. APF does not endorse or recommend any specific study. All responsibility for the study remains with the sponsors and investigators.
You may also be interested in:
If you need information or advice on living with pulmonary fibrosis, we are here to help.