The HR & Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the human resources and operational requirements of APF. They will maintain the HR systems, processes and policies to enable our HR function to support our employees while conforming to employment laws and internal policies. They will also carry out duties to ensure the APF office is run proficiently to support an effective and comfortable working environment.
All duties must be completed accurately and in a timely manner, meeting deadlines to maintain a high standard of day-to-day operational service.
To support in all areas of HR operations and administration which are:
Recruitment & Induction
· Working with hiring managers you will support, and coordinate recruitment activity as needed. This may include advertising roles within budget, storing and sorting applications, and organising interview arrangements/correspondence. Assisting hiring managers to develop job descriptions and person specifications. Finding the best place to advertise roles and managing time scales
· Maintain relevant templates and support other team members in setting up contracts for new recruits, freelancers, suppliers and clients
· Leading on-boarding and exit processes including issues offer letters, contracts, inductions and exit interviews
· Process DBS applications and ID checking
· Maintain and regularly update the staff handbook including regular review of compliance and relevance of existing policies
Learning & Development
· Record and report on staff training and development to ensure staff are growing in their roles
· Develop systems to improve shared learning across all areas of the Charity
· Support the development of the appraisal process, ensuring all employees receive a timely appraisal and that signed appraisals and development plans are held centrally
· Staff absence: recording annual leave, sickness and other absence in line with existing policies and setting up new policies as needed
Support & Wellbeing
· Be the main point of contact for HR-related queries from staff and liaise with the Head of F&O or external providers as required
· Promote a values-based culture focused on well-being, and positive staff engagement by offering ongoing training and education, recognising and reinforcing good behaviour
· Coordinate our bi-annual staff survey
Maintaining legal and statutory requirements
· Ensuring that personnel files and HR database are accurately maintained within current legislation and maintaining staff lists and organisational charts
· Improve systems, processes, procedure and identify efficiencies and ensure full compliance with HR policies and procedures across the Charity
· Administration of employee pension scheme including reconciling monthly payments, setting up new users and leavers and complying with pension regulations
· Imbed APF’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity by actively supporting the EDI working group and communicating outcomes/actions to the team
· Liaise with APF’s Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that volunteers feel supported and informed
· Work on HR projects as agreed with your manager from time to time
To support with a variety of organisational tasks to include:
· Maintenance of equipment register to ensure the location of equipment is recorded
· Coordinate IT requirements (laptops and phones) and regularly ensure staff are properly equipped and that stock is accounted for
· Assist with training new staff on the CRM. Training will be given
· Support the coordination and running of staff and trustee events, training sessions, meetings, internal communications.
· Act as a point of contact for all health and safety record keeping to enable management to track any issues and organise the workstation assessments taking any appropriate action
· Ensure office equipment is maintained and fit for purpose
· Build positive relationships with suppliers such as Regus (premises) and Amanet (IT)
· Manage the APF recruitment email inbox
· Act as a point of contact for APF, including enquiries that may be emotive; assessing the nature of the enquiry and referring to relevant team member promptly
· Work on operational projects as agreed with your manager from time to time
· Administration support for senior leadership Team
In your application for the role, please provide details of your experience against the selection criteria set out in part one below.
You do not need to have experience in every area, and you may have skills not listed here that you feel would be valuable to fulfil the role. We would love to hear what makes you an exceptional candidate.
Part one knowledge and experience:
Comprehensive knowledge of HR processes and systems
· Minimum of 2 years experience working in an HR-related role (desirable)
· A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook with experience presenting data in a variety of ways to aid decision-making.
· Experience of improving processes and systems to increase efficiencies and cost-effectiveness (experience of changing HR systems would be advantageous).
· Experience of being a first point of contact via phone, email and web (including social media).
· Demonstrate a real passion for customer care.
· Experience of using a database to record and track information, ensuring data is accurate.
· Experience of operating in a modern digital workplace, including using digital tools to work collaboratively and productively (we use MS Teams).
· Experience of building good relationships with peers, suppliers and stakeholders.
Part two: skills and working style
· Effective interpersonal skills. Able to get on with a broad range of people; build trust and rapport; a real team player
· Excellent ICT skills including word processing, spreadsheet analysis, and presentations,including Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; clear and concise
· A high level of attention to detail and ability to work efficiently
· Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
· A can do’ approach. Able to work with limited supervision
· Committed to achieving high standards with the resources available
For further information please see the below documentation:
Job Description and Peson Specification
Equal Opportunties Form
We hope you will consider making an application. If you have any questions about the appointment and would find it helpful to have an informal conversation, please contact email@example.com and we can arrange a call with our Head of Finance & Operations.
To apply, please send the below documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Friday 06th October 2023.
Please note we will be actively interviewing throughout this time so please ensure you submit your application as timely as possible.
- Your CV (no more than three sides, minimum size 11 font)
- A supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4, minimum font size 11) that sets out why this role is the right move for you and how you meet the knowledge and experience criteria (in part one of the person specification)
- In your application, please include if you have lived experience of pulmonary fibrosis or other respiratory condition.
- We would be grateful if you would complete and return the equal opportunities monitoring form, to help us to meet the aims and commitments set out in our equality policy. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010 and building an accurate picture of the make-up ofthe workforce in encouraging equality and diversity. We need your help and cooperation to enable us to do this but filling in this form is voluntary. The information provided will be kept confidential and will be used for monitoring purposes. If you have any questions about the form, please contact 01733 839642.