· Contract Type: Permanent, full time or part time considered (30 hours per week)
· Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
· Location: Homebased, flexible remote working with some travel to Peterborough Head Office, London and other locations
Do you have the skills, knowledge, and experience to help us grow income from trusts, grants and corporate supporters?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join APF as a Partnerships and Philanthropy Manager as we take the organisation through a significant period of development and growth.
Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis supports people affected by pulmonary fibrosis - a cruel and terminal lung scarring disease that cuts thousands of lives short in the UK each year. We are here for everyone affected by pulmonary fibrosis, and as part of our Fundraising Team you will be raising vital funds to help create a better future for patients, carers and families facing this devastating disease.
Working within the Fundraising Team, you will lead on APF’s partnerships and philanthropy fundraising, growing income from trusts and grants, pharmaceutical support and corporate partnerships. You will develop sustainable relationships with our funders and grow opportunities for multi-year support. You will help drive growth in income which will enable to reach more people affected by pulmonary fibrosis, and fund vital life-changing research that could help stop pulmonary fibrosis in its tracks.
What you will do:
• Lead on funding application processes to ensure funding application deadlines are met and that grants are acknowledged and reported on in a timely manner
• Build long-term relationships and steward new and existing funders to increase repeat, major and multi-year funding opportunities. This will include leading the application and reporting processes for major funders such as National Lottery Community Fund
• Develop a case for support and write inspiring funding proposals for a range of areas of work including support services, research and campaigning
• Research a broad range of new funding prospects (trusts and grants and pharmaceutical companies) whose aims and priorities match those of our work
• Work with APF’s Senior Leadership Team to identify fundable projects and priority areas, feeding these into funding proposals
• Using APF’s CRM, build on existing processes and develop new ways of tracking and reporting on income, giving levels and trends, producing regular reports and insight to shape future activities
• Develop a business plan for corporate fundraising, identifying key sector opportunities for support and analysing existing corporate contacts and supporters
• Scope opportunities for partners to support beyond financial contributions
• Work with the Head of Fundraising and other members of the Senior Leadership Team to build and nurture relationships and partnerships with major funders including grant making trusts, pharmaceutical companies and corporate supporters, growing income and key relationships to support APF’s five year strategy
• Line manage the Corporate Fundraiser, providing support and direction to help them deliver the corporate fundraising business plan; and furthering their personal development through clear objective and target setting; regular one-to-ones; and APF’s annual appraisal process
• Build on existing processes to ensure all grants and donations are accurately recorded on APF’s CRM, and work with the Finance team to ensure all funding restrictions are adhered to. Ensure communications with funders; grant applications; and partnership agreements are accurately recorded nd kept up to date
• Budget management including managingexpenditure across trusts and grants; pharmaceutical and corporate fundraising,and working with the Head of Fundraising to budget income and set and monitortargets across these income streams
• Produce regular updates and reports on income streams, using income and data to analyse performance and feed into future business planning
• Contribute towards APF’s monthly reforecasting process
• Work on projects as agreed with the Head of Fundraising from time to time
What you will need:
• Experience of writing successful trust and grant funding proposals
• Experience of securing five figure grants and above
• Experience of building long-term relationships with funders
• Experience of reporting on income and income stream performance to feed in to Board reports
• Experience of budget development and management and ensuring accuracy of financial information
• Experience of budget management and ensuring accuracy of financial information
• Experience of using a fundraising database (training will be provided for our CRM), accurately recording income, correspondence and funding restrictions
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write and speak to a range of different audiences
• Meticulous attention to detail with good proof-reading skills
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a problem-solving approach
• Effective interpersonal skills with ability to demonstrate empathy for others
• Team player and able to be flexible
• Committed to ongoing personal and professional development; positive and willing to learn and to sharing learning with the team
• A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Why join us?
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to benefits as one of our employees.
• Make a difference to the lives of people affected by Pulmonary Fibrosis
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus additional discretionary days around Christmas)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Flexible, home-based working
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• Company related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
• A focus on personal development including access to training opportunities and coaching
If you are interested in applying for one of our roles, please send a covering letter which references the position you are interested in. You will need to provide a supporting statement on how you meet the knowledge and experience criteria no more than two sides of A4, font size 11, along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnerships and Philanthropy Manager Appointment Brief
Partnerships and Philanthropy Manager Job Description
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Closing Date: Monday 27th March 2023 10am
If there is a sufficient calibre of applicants, we reserve the right to close the role earlier than the date noted.
Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Action or Pulmonary Fibrosis is committed to a culture that is both diverse and inclusive and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people form a diverse candidate pool.