Self isolation doesn’t have to mean being alone. We’re lucky to live in connected times and being in touch via the phone, email and virtually is so important.
Here’s a few ways to keep in touch with friends and family:
- Give them a call to see how they are doing
- Facetime using Whatsapp Video Call
- Use a video platform – we recommend Zoom or Skype
Watch this fantastic video on how to use Zoom from John at St George’s ILD Support Group.
If you need any help using a smartphone or an online video system to stay connected to your loved ones– let us know. Email us on socialmedia@actionpulmonaryfibrosis – we are here to help you!
Support groups – staying connected during coronavirus
If you are a leader:
- We are currently trialling and testing different ways of keeping your groups connected. We will update this as soon as we can.
- Make sure Debra Chand our National Support Group Manager has your contact details by emailing Debra on email@example.com
If you are a member:
- Ask your support group leader if they can put you in touch with someone else from the group via the phone
Talk to Silverline
Silverline run a befriending phone service – if you are in need of social contact don’t hesitate to get in touch with them.
Stay in touch with APF
- Follow us on social media – we will be posting news, information and sharing positivity from our community to keep us all connected during this challenging time.
- Keep an eye on our website – we’ll be keeping it up to-date with the latest news
Look out for emails from APF – if you want to hear from us via email you can sign up on our website www.actionpulmonaryfibrosis.org/