We work hard to offer high standards of service at all times, but sometimes, we may not get it right. Feedback and complaints help us to improve and develop. As such we want to hear from you when your encounter with us is good and when it isn’t.
If you are unhappy with the service that we provide, we would like to hear from you so that we can improve and try to make sure your experience is not repeated.
When you raise a complaint or a concern we will:
- Ensure all feedback is acknowledged, recorded and learned from
- Where you have a concern or complaint that they are comprehensively and sympathetically reviewed through a transparent procedure
- Make sure you receive an honest response in the shortest possible time
- Treat it confidentially – only those who need to will have access to information about a complaint
- Ensure your complaint will not result in reprisals or retaliation, nor would it affect your support in any way.
If you have a complaint about our work, please let us know as follows:
Stage 1 – informal problem solving
Speak to the staff member or volunteer(s) involved. They welcome your feedback, and, if you have a concern, they will work with you to try resolve any issues there and then.
You are also welcome to submit your compliments or concerns on our work in writing via email or post as follows:
- Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis, Stuart House, East Wing, St John's Street, Peterborough, PE1 5DD
If your problem is unable to be resolved by the staff member or volunteer at the time, either they or you may wish to raise with the line manager to ensure the problem is resolved in the quickest most straightforward way possible.
Stage 2 – Complaints
If a satisfactory solution cannot be reached or you feel unable to raise the concern with a staff member of volunteer, you should contact our Chief Executive, Louise Wright.
You can contact Louise in whichever way is most convenient to you and she will respond by the same method unless you tell us otherwise. We are ready to help you over the phone, by email or letter.
- Call us on 01733 839642. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Outside these hours you can leave us a message and a contact number and Louise will endeavour to return your call on the next working day
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org marking ‘complaint’ in the subject line
- Write to us at Complaints, Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis, Stuart House, East Wing, St John's Street, Peterborough, PE1 5DD
(If the complaint is about the CEO or Chair specifically, then letters or emails should be addressed to a named Trustee only).
Please include an explanation of the problem, how it occurred, and the effect on you. We will work to fix problems, correct mistakes and address concerns in a fair way. Please feel free when contacting us with a complaint, to let us know how you think it could be resolved. We want to reach the best possible outcome.
There may be some occasions where we need to seek further information from you in order to investigate your concerns fully and if this is the case your kind response will enable us to resolve your complaint as promptly as possible.
We will deal with your complaint as follows:
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2-3 working days of receipt. We will let you know who is handling the complaint and how to contact them. This may be a member of staff or one of our Trustees.
- We aim to resolve your complaint within 4 weeks of acknowledging it. You will hear from us again by this time with a response. If, due to the complexity of the complaint, this is not possible, we’ll keep you updated on progress.
- If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you can ask for the outcome to be reviewed. Contact us within 21 working days of our original response.
- The complaint will be reinvestigated by a different member of staff/trustee within 4 weeks of acknowledging it. You will hear from us again by this time with a response. If, due to the complexity of the complaint, this is not possible, we’ll keep you updated on progress.
- If, following completion of any appeal, you are still not satisfied this does not affect your right to contact the Charity Commission, or, in the case of fundraising complaints, the Fundraising Regulator.
You can contact the charity commission and Fundraising Regulator here: www.gov.uk/complain-about-charity for further information.
APF’s Address is: Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis, Stuart House, East Wing, St John's Street, Peterborough, PE1 5DD
England & Wales Charity Registration Number: 1152399
Scotland Charity Registration Number: SCO50992
Data Privacy Statement
We collate and analyse data about feedback, compliments and complaints in line with our data protection and privacy policies.
We review this policy every three years, and may adapt it sooner where our monitoring shows it would be beneficial to do so.
Next review due November 2026.