APF’s vision is to find a cure for pulmonary fibrosis so that everyone affected by the disease has a better future. When you sign up to Walk for Hope, you are giving patients, friends and family the hope that one day we will find a cure.
Follow our simple step-by-step guide to plan your own special walk:
- Save the date.
- Choose a location (could be a park, neighbourhood, field).
- Fill in the quick and easy sign up form
- Choose your distance and plan your route.
- Invite your close family and friends.
- Set up your JustGiving page, set your target.
To go the extra mile:
- Contact your local newspaper and tell them about your Walk for Hope, this little-known disease needs as much attention drawn to it as possible.
- Buy t-shirts for your walkers and some forget-me-not seeds to scatter on your walk if you are remembering a loved one.
- Join our Facebook group to share your messages and stories, photos of your walk and connect with others who are also walking to make a difference.
Walking tips from a pro
Paul walked over 1500 miles on a virtual walk and he's continued walking everyday since then. Paul is passionate about the benefits walking has for PF patients.