Making the most of your consultation
You may be a little nervous when talking to your medical team at the hospital. It is a good idea to take someone with you who can help and support you – a family member or friend.
You could go armed with a notebook and pen to keep notes of what is said. Most of all please remember that you are entitled to have your questions answered fully - and to be given time to take it all in and to leave appointments with as much information as possible.
Questions for your medical team
- What tests will I need?
- What will the tests involve?
- Will I have to stay in hospital?
- How long will it take to get the results?
- Do you know the cause of my pulmonary fibrosis?
- Do you know how advanced my fibrosis is?
- What treatments can I have?
- Who will look after me?
- Will I get better?
- Is there a cure for pulmonary fibrosis?
- Could I have a lung transplant?
Coping with pulmonary fibrosis
- Where can I get more information about the disease?
- Is there any support available for me and my family?
- What can I do to help myself?
- Is there a patient support group nearby you could refer me to?
- Are there pulmonary rehabilitation classes you could refer me to?
- Is there a nurse who I can phone from home, if I am worried about anything?
- Palliative care and symptom support